NOW’S THE TIME! – Fasting in SHAWWAL after Ramadan
Let’s draw near to Allah with obligatory and voluntary acts of worship! Let us follow the Sunnah of The Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him with sincerity and be of those Allah loves and forgives!
So we’re halfway through Shawwal 1439, it’s been two weeks and a bit post Ramadan. How are you feeling iman-wise?
Perhaps we’ve slacked a little on our Qur’an recitation regime…
Perhaps we’re not praying much optional prayers…
Perhaps we’ve fallen into the same bad habits pre-Ramadan…
Feeling regretful? That’s the first step to change. Let us acknowledge our faults, and seek Allah’s forgiveness. Let us resolve to change for the better.
WE STILL HAVE A CHANCE!
Let’s revive the Ramadan atmosphere by increasing our ibadah, by quality and quantity in sha Allah!
We under 2 weeks left to make a positive difference!
Top Tips to revive our iman (faith, in statement and action) after Ramadan
- Let us make more istighfar, seek Allah’s forgiveness, saying Astaghfirullah, SubhanAllahi wabihamdi, Astaghfirullaha wa atoobo ilayhi, and this amazing dua called sayyid al istighfar you MUST learn (click here!)
- Strive to pray the five prayers on time
- Strive to spend in charity
- Do good and remind others to do good and keep away from and forbid evil, trying hard to practice what we preach.
- Read more Qur’an at least a page or so a day, try to read some tafsir or translation too.
- Have good character/perfecting it
- Make someone smile : )
- More remembrance of Allah, subhanaAllah, walhamdulillah, wallahuakbar, wa la ilaha ilallah! Because it’s all about Allah Who is Al-Wahid, alone!
- Do sunnah acts, optional prayers
- Fast 6 days of Shawwal! Here’s an awesome opportunity…
Abu Ayyub (May Allah be pleased with him) reported:
The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, “He who observes As-Saum (the fasts) in the month of Ramadan, and also observes As-Saum for six days in the month of Shawwal, it is as if he has observed As-Saum for the whole year.”
Subhanallah, WOW! : o
Narrated Abu Ayyub:
The Prophet (ﷺ) as saying: If anyone fasts during Ramadan, then follows it with six days in Shawwal, it will be like a perpetual fast.
Reference : Sunan Abi Dawud 2433, sahih Al-Albani
Don’t forget to make up what you owe of this Ramadan first (if any obligatory ones are outstanding e.g. ladies during their days off -menses etc.). Let’s complete Ramadan before following it with the Shawwal fasts, in sha Allah)
What an amazing sunnah, let’s try to fulfil this in sha Allah and tell others too, for the sake of Allah. Alhamdulillah. May Allah grant us the ability to serve Him according to Qur’an and Sunnah,with sincerity and sound intentions. wasallallahu ala nabiyinaa Muhammad. ameen ya Rab al alameen!
By the way this is a reminder to me before it is to you, so do comment below on anything you may want to add! May Allah forgive us for any errors! ameen
With love for the sake of Allah