LAYLAT-UL-QADR! It might just be tonight!!!!
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
Verily, We have sent it (this Qur’ân) down in the night of Al-Qadr (Decree) (1) And what will make you know what the night of Al-Qadr (Decree) is? (2) The night of Al-Qadr (Decree) is better than a thousand months (i.e. worshipping Allâh in that night is better than worshipping Him a thousand months, i.e. 83 years and 4 months) (3) Therein descend the angels and the Rûh [Jibril (Gabriel)] by Allâh’s Permission with all Decrees, (4) (All that night), there is Peace (and Goodness from Allâh to His believing slaves) until the appearance of dawn. (5)
[QUR’AN CHAPTER 97, ENGLISH INTERPRETATION]
It’s toooooo special to miss!!!!!
- And if you are a lady on your menses, you can ibadah other than prayer: see this
- Some reminders from our respected lecturers in the last Ramadan Revival, this night
-increase in Qiyam (standing in prayer at night),
-making dua- lots of it, pour our hearts out to Allah!
-We can also give zakah if one lunar year passed on the wealth which reached the nisaab,
-and do other good deeds, like istighfar (seeking forgiveness from Allah –click to see amazing this dua)
-reminding each other of Allah,
-dhikr- remembering Allah,
-salat and salam on rasoolullah sallallahu alayhi wasallam!
- This Ramadan Revival 2016, the sheikh reminded us to ensure and strive to purify our earnings, make them Halal, so that our dua’s may be answered.
- We must direct our worship to Allah alone, as He is our only Rabb, Protector, Creator, Sustainer, and He alone deserves the right to be worshipped.
- Let’s make our intention pure for Allah alone:
It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever stays up and prays on Laylat al-Qadr out of faith and in the hope of reward, his previous sins will be forgiven.” Agreed upon.
Rasoolullah sallallahu alayhi wasallam taught ‘Aisha radi Allahu anhaa what to say on laylat-ul-qadr:
Transliteration: Allahumma innaka ‘afuwwun, tuHibul’afwa fa’fu ‘annee
Let’s revive the sunnah and flee to Allah! please remember us in your duas, and like and share this in sha Allah!
May Allah forgive all of us who believe and admit us to paradise, by His mercy. Allah abundantly bless rasoollullah. ameen
(References: Qur’an, Sunnah, Tafsir ibn Katheer abridged vol. 10, Darrusalam, IslamQA)